Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I really like that I can engage with other students in the class about our stories and projects and be able to give to and receive feedback from my peers. I think that is a fantastic aspect of this class that I don't really get to experience in other classes! I love reading the comments posted by other students on my stories. I like that people tend to approach commenting on blogs with an open mind, and they acknowledge that they may have not thought the way I have about stories while providing their own insights and interpretations. The feedback I receive is usually specific suggestions and questions to help clarify certain parts of the story. I think this is really helpful for me because it gives me precise goals to focus on so I can improve my storytelling.

When commenting on other students' blog posts and stories, I aim to exercise the same open-mindedness and appreciation for the author's personal insights, even though they may differ from my own. Reading different interpretations of the same stories is my favorite part of this course because I love to think about all the possible ways our differing values and backgrounds influence the ways we view the same sources. I often comment on how much I love the new perspective that the students have provided, and provide some suggestions on where to go from there or some ways to make the writing more clear for the reader. In general, I love to explore other people's blogs and story projects to gain more perspective and learn new ways to engage with the stories!

I am really happy with my Introduction as I think it gives a fairly good representation of my interests and the way I tend to love the weirdest and most random things (like the red telephone booths at OU). I'm glad that other students can relate to me and share some of the same interests. I think I feel more personally connected to other students when I read their introduction posts as well. We may be living in many different places and going through widely differing walks of life, but at the same time, we tend to have a lot more in common than we think. Looking forward, I hope I continue to build more momentum in actively commenting on other students' posts and reading comments on my own blog posts, so I can continue to learn about and appreciate new perspectives on the stories!

Comments